Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Elections? Already here? Who's running?

Really who is running? Or what are these people saying about themselves to get elected.

Elections have changed a ton with social media.  You can reach so many in just a simple click and post. But there are still television ads that the campaign puts money into to, to either sell you their candidate or bash the other candidate, or both.

I think they show insight on a persons character. If a candidate bashes the other then I know that candidate is trying to fight dirty. I don't like the bashing ads because it always reminds me of two high school kids fighting.



If they post an ad about themselves and what they do, then I always think that they are a little narcissist but of course a campaign ad is supposed to sell why you are the best candidate so I let it slide. I just look for honesty.


I asked a few people on social media what their thoughts where about television ad campaigns. This is what a couple said on our facebook page MediaMosis:





Check out this article from the Boston Globe, I thought it was pretty interesting and gives insights on how these ads can backfire quickly.

The Good, Bad, Ugly Political ads - Boston Globe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by MediaMosis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://mediamosis.blogspot.com/.